Vegan Summer Fruit Smoothie
This sweet vegan smoothie is a perfect afternoon snack or even a breakfast that is packed full of fruit, fiber and proteins to deal with anything that life throws at you. Plus it contains a nutritionist recommended super food for those who are trying to improve their nutrition and be healthier.
The peanut butter and baby spinach help to thicken this smoothie and combine with the banana to add a creamy base and texture while the summer fruit combination gives it the powerful and summer filled flavor.
Additionally, as soy milk only contains vegetable proteins it means this smoothie is lactose free for those with intolerance and is another healthier and viable alternative for those looking to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Smoothie Health Benefits
- Popeye’s spinach is low in cholesterol and fat while being high in minerals and vitamins such as:1. Vitamin A, C, E, K, B6
- The rich iron content in spinach helps improve blood quality and can to lower blood pressure, improve heart health and increase vitality.
- As well as this, the high amounts of vitamin K also make spinach one of the best vegetables for bone health.
- With a low amount of calories per portion (23 per 100g) this is the perfect diet superfood and keeps you feeling full while giving you lots of energy.
- For those with high cholesterol, the soy milk in this smoothie could be able to help as it can not only reduce cholesterol but also reduce the risk of heart diseases and is recommended by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration – US) to incorporate soy protein into a healthy daily diet (around 25 grams)
Smoothie Nutritional Info
Suitable for Vegans and Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Freeze summer fruits while they are in season and you can enjoy delicious smoothies all year round.