Chocolate & Cherry Protein Smoothie
Here is an excuse to drink chocolate and not feel guilty! (You’re welcome.) This drink is perfect for those on a diet who are looking to get a boost of nutrients and give in to those sweet cravings. The rich taste from the cherries, combined with the chocolate powder provides a decadent dessert shake that is actually good for you. Plus there is a little flakey surprise too!
You may notice that there are a lot of cherries proportionately to this recipe, that is because although they are quick to stain, cherries are a subtle taste and easily become overpowered by the protein, therefore plenty are added to give the sweet (and delicious) cherry taste.
The frozen bananas avoid having to use ice in this recipe too which also stops the dilution of the flavor of the cherries and keeps it thick and creamy.
- The protein in this smoothie is incredibly high per serving, in part due to the whey powder as well as the Greek yogurt. Whey powder is not just for bodybuilders or gym bunnies, it is a way to maintain and preserve your muscle mass if you are cutting your calorie intake to lose weight so that you lose fat rather than muscle.
- Sometimes protein powders can affect the digestive system and can give you wind or indigestion so the addition of the Greek yogurt in this recipe combats this by providing probiotics to aid in digestion and keep healthy intestines.
- Chocolate lovers will be pleased to hear that eating chocolate is actually encouraged by doctors (only if it is the dark kind). This is because it can improve blood flow, lower blood pressure and have a positive impact on heart health.
- It also contains: copper, manganese, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc as well as a range of antioxidants to remove impurities from your system and provide you with an array of minerals you need in your diet.
- Also, dark chocolate benefits those trying to eat healthier or less because it curbs hunger pains while alleviating sweet cravings which is perfect for those on a diet.
Smoothie Nutritional Info
Suitable for vegetarians