Banana & Mint Cream Smoothie
This is a holiday favorite that can transport you back to Christmas all year round with a minty, creamy taste that you won’t believe is good for you. It’s light, easy on the calories and a perfect healthy treat for those on a controlled diet or trying to change their eating habits. For those who want a little “something” extra you can easily make it a chocolate peppermint smoothie without compromising the nutritional value.
Using almond milk is a fantastic substitute for those who have intolerance as it does not contain lactose but also has more nutrients than cow’s milk so is a great alternative for everyone to try.
The use of frozen banana also thickens the smoothie without compromising on taste by adding ice or water.
- Peppermint oil is used for a number of things including in diffuses to clear the sinuses. Ingesting it can also help to treat cold symptoms as well as indigestion and nausea so this smoothie would suit those with sensitive stomachs.
- Nutritionally, almond milk is less processed and has fewer calories or sugar per serving than half fat milk but has a creamier taste and a high amount of fiber (almost 1g per serving) to help aid in a healthy digestive system.
- It also contains a large serving of calcium and vitamins: A, D and E which are needed for:
• Growth and development
• Healthy Skin and eyesight
• Boosting the immunity system
• Maintaining strong bones and teeth
* because it contains less potassium and phosphorus than soy or cow’s milk which is something that is dietary restricted with the illness.
Smoothie Nutritional Info
Suitable for Vegetarians and Dairy-free
*Some essential oils can react with medications so seek the advice of your medical professional before using them.